WHOLE HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM
RELIABLE SOLUTIONS FROM AMERICAN PLUMBING GROUP
The vast majority of municipal water systems use chlorine or chloramines to treat water. Chlorine and chloramine (chlorine plus ammonia) are chemicals used to kill living organisms like bacteria and viruses. This is effective for treating your water at the source and delivering it to you via an old infrastructure, but the problem is, it also causes dry skin and hair and generates an unpleasant taste and odor. Whole House Carbon Systems filter out the unpleasant taste and smell to provide clean filtered water from every tap and shower, and to all appliances without stripping out beneficial mineral nutrients. A whole house carbon filter is a convenient, cost efficient way to effectively remove or reduce many of the undesirable chemicals, disinfectant by-products, and volatile organic compounds commonly found in municipal water supplies.
Traditional water softener or water softener/filter combination does add a very small amount of sodium to the water. The process utilized is an ion exchange, and sodium ions are added to the water in exchange for the removal of calcium and magnesium. Water softeners also have the ability to remove low levels of iron. In certain circumstances your service provider may recommend one of these systems or, if you prefer the feel of soft water, this may be the method you elect to have.
We typically recommend the whole house filter and Anti-Scale System which do not add anything to the water. The Anti-Scale System renders hard water minerals harmless, producing a more efficient plumbing system. The filter provides sparkling clean, spring like water, often superior to bottled water, to every faucet in your home: water the way nature intended it!
BENEFITS OF THE WHOLE HOUSE FILTRATION SYSTEM:
- Reduction or removal of chlorine, chloramines and associated disinfectant by-products
- Clean, filtered water from every tap
- Better tasting coffee, tea and other water mixed beverages
- Reduced environmental impact due to bottle waste associated with plastic bottles and the production process
- Better tasting and smelling water makes drinking water more attractive and that’s good for you
- Your home’s pipes will be protected against chloramine’s corrosive effects
- Costs saving based on the reduction in purchasing bottled water
Ready to secure solutions for your pump plumbing issue or concern?
Contact APG today to speak with our knowledgeable team.